Sunday, November 22, 2009

BLACK HAIR IS...

The tale of my hair gone nappy...
After years of relaxing, coloring, breading, weaving & extending my persecuted black hair, i made a vow on that day of Dec 2008: " I shall not relax my hair for few years" how many years? asked my mum, I just couldn't answer, ignored the question & decided to respect that early year 2009 resolution. Oh My what a journey it has been. I learned that this phase is called transitioning. Waouh. From chemically processed hair to baby virgin hair? Anyway , the only way i found to look sexy enogh while doing it , was ..... "Braiding" then "weaving" my hair. Yes honestly , i only feel confident & sexy with my Brazilian bunch of bought hair flowing around my face but that doesn't stop me from proudly claiming to whoever i meet " I stopped relaxing my hair!". Some look at me like i lost my head by wanting to loose my hair's ability to be straightened; others woyld grin doubtfully & there is another category who encourage me but still remind me that " Are you going to carry an afro" ironically. Anyway, i stuck to my choice, alternatively breading & weaving my hair, progressively cutting all the relaxed ends & now 10 months later, I must admit that I am quite happy with the result. My hair feels so soft & silky, unlike what we have always thought of our nappy wool. And I feel so proud of myself even though i still carry my sexy weaves, waiting for the day my Afro grows so that i can spot it along with my stilish designer lol outfits. So whoever wants to try & take the step forward, you won't regret it. I feel so Ecological & Green since then , & I know that next year-InshAllah- I will face more Hair Challenges as millions of black women around the world. So sisterz I just accepted that BLACK HAIR IS...NATURAL & INDEED BEAUTIFUL.
XOXO

1 comment:

Style Checker said...

The perfect choice for both fitness & fashion. Along with an active lifestyle and many functionalities, active-wear offers comfort and style. That’s what makes it everyone’s favourite. Whether it is walking, running or cycling, a good fit tshirts is an essential part of any workout routine. For me, it would always be few good quality of Joggers & a cotton tee. Now I have a full wardrobe of active wear that I simply cannot live without.